August 6, 2018
The main trend in industrial production development until recently was the application of integrated automation systems. Large enterprises have been (and are) implementing solutions based on powerful and distributed computing equipment. They allow you to control the entire production cycle, and close integration of production and computer systems provides flexibility in technological processes and the ability to quickly change types of products. It would seem that there is no better solution. However, the development of artificial intelligence (AI) systems has provided an opportunity to create automation systems at a fundamentally new level.
The systems currently in use rely on logic and accurate calculations, using a simplified “production process model” chosen in advance. AI makes it possible to analyse the situation in real time and remain operable when management objectives change, unforeseen changes in the properties of the managed facility or environmental parameters. The system is capable of changing the control algorithm and looking for optimal and effective solutions. Conditionally, I would designate artificial intelligence as an area of knowledge dealing with the automation of the reasonable behaviour of technical systems.
Features of the work of intelligent production systems:
- Absence of a previously defined solution algorithm in a control or coordination task.
- Possibility of having hidden interconnections in controlled systems and their parameters.
- Availability of various data collection systems.
- Ability to analyse data of different types: video sequences, images, signs, texts, words.
- Availability of choices from a variety of options that are not predetermined in advance.